Communications and Outreach Manager
Inspirit Foundation is a public foundation based in Toronto, Ontario that promotes pluralism through media and arts, support for young content creators and impact investing. Equity is central to our work.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for managing the design, implementation and evaluation of communications and outreach initiatives in accordance with an annual communications plan. The ideal candidate brings experience and knowledge in the Canadian arts and/or media sectors, and a passion for supporting and championing the power of arts and media for social change. An interest in impact investing and social finance is an asset.
The Communications and Outreach Manager is a storyteller and skilled writer who can plan and execute long-term media strategy, but also knows how, when, and why to shift to rapid response approaches. They have an ability to manage details and see the big picture. They also have experience in managing communications function or similar, as well as a degree or diploma in design, communications, journalism or other relevant experience. Above all, they are a collaborator and see this as crucial to their ability to support other functions at Inspirit.
• Manage a media strategy based on organizational goals and emerging opportunities.
• Craft, curate, publish and manage content, including copy, simple graphic design and original visual and audio content. Align all content and engagement efforts with brand with attention to narrative, perspective, and tone.
• Track and analyze data metrics for performance improvements and periodic progress reports.
• Manage and oversee day-to-day engagement activities and communications requests, and proactively forecast areas where support may be required.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create a robust database of grantee media assets.
• Help manage the implementation of Inspirit’s convenings/gatherings/events, both onand off-line.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• The ability to convey ideas clearly, creatively and professionally.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills and ability to synthesize concepts for multiple audiences, with experience creating and publishing a variety of original print and webbased content for multiple platforms, including complex, long-term projects and shorterterm rapid response initiatives.
• Familiarity, comfort, and fluency with best practices on audience engagement on all social media platforms. Technical Knowledge
• Understanding and experience with data integration and CRM and outreach software.
• Strong working knowledge of current web-based technologies and general website maintenance (WordPress).
• Proficiency in software applications: Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office 365 (Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) – comfortable working in both PC and Mac environments an asset.
• Excellent time management and project management skills; ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Stellar critical thinking/analytical/ and problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to be enterprising, resourceful and creative.
• Willingness to work occasional evening and weekend events, and the ability to travel within Canada two to three times a year.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Inspirit offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits and a group RSP. We believe in investing in talent and providing opportunities for professional growth. The starting salary for this position will fall between $58,000 to $60,000.
HOW TO APPLY
We believe a diverse team makes us stronger, and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We invite you to read our Equity and Pluralism Statement. Please apply with a cover letter and resume detailing recent and relevant experience. Apply for this role by email to email@example.com with “Communications and Outreach Manager” in the email subject line. Please ensure all files are clearly labeled with “Communications and Outreach Manager_FirstName LastName” included in the file title. Applications must be received by midnight March 17th eastern standard time. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Please let us know how we can help. A detailed job description will be shared with those who are short-listed for the role. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those advancing in the process will be contacted.