SVX has released the results of the 2021 Annual Canadian Impact Investor Survey, finding that investors want to significantly grow their asset allocation to impact investing. This work was supported by Impact United, a movement of leading investors, including Inspirit Foundation, who want to mobilize their investment capital towards social, economic and environmental justice.
In April 2021, investors from the SVX and Impact United investor network, as well as peer impact investing intermediaries and investor networks across Canada participated in the survey. A total of 95 respondents completed the survey, representing approximately $3.5 billion in assets (CAD).
Key insights from the survey, include:
- Investors are meeting their financial return expectations
- Climate, housing, and food are top priorities for investors
- There is a need to build greater engagement and capacity in equity lens investing
- Investors want to significantly grow their asset allocation to impact investing
- Asset owners are seeking a shared community for connecting, learning, and action
Read the full report here. And read the media release here.
The movement of impact investing asset owners is organizing in Canada. In order to accelerate the development of the impact investor community in Canada, leading organizations have created Impact United to share, learn, and collaborate with each other. Interested investors can join the community here: www.impactunited.ca/