Applications are now closed. Round 2 Online Application opens July 10th, 2017.
ChangeUp grants create opportunities for people aged 18-34 to initiate creative solutions-focused projects that address issues of discrimination and prejudice in their local communities. The $10,000 one-time grants are for projects that implement creative strategies to open minds and shift attitudes that perpetuate prejudice and exclusion based on ethnicity, race or religion. Through the grants, Inspirit Foundation is particularly interested in supporting the development of effective, connected and influential young change leaders.
ChangeUp Grants fund projects that:
- Are developed and led by young people between the ages of 18-34 who have personal experience with issues and communities being addressed in the project;
- Engage local issues and stakeholders;
- Open minds and shift attitudes that perpetuate prejudice and exclusion based on ethnic, cultural or religious difference;
- Occur within a 12-month period;
- Take place in Canada.
Les subventions ChangeUp offrent un financement ponctuel de 10 000 $ à des artisans du changement de 18 à 34 ans dans le cadre d’un projet visant à combattre la discrimination et les préjugés dans leurs communautés locales.
Media and Arts Impact Grants
The Media and Arts Impact Grants support projects that use media and arts as strategies to promote inclusion and pluralism and challenge discrimination and exclusion. Media and Arts Impact Grants start at $20,000. The average grant amount is $40,000 per year. Multi-year funding is available, but please be aware that the Foundation currently has limited available resources for multi-year funding.
Media and Arts Impact Grants fund initiatives that:
- Implement media and/or arts-based strategies*;
- Aim to:
- Open minds and shift attitudes that perpetuate prejudice and exclusion based on ethnicity, race or religion;
- Build good relations between diverse groups or communities;
- Ideally address one or both of Inspirit's current issue areas: Islamophobia and Truth and Reconciliation;
- Create opportunities for new partnerships or relationships to be strengthened across differences of ethnicity, race, or religion;
- Involve and engage people, groups, and communities directly impacted by the issues being addressed in the proposed initiative;
- Emphasize a regional or national impact and/or engage a significant number of participants and groups;
- Take place in Canada.
* We have broadly defined media and arts to include: film, video, podcasting, digital platforms and apps, emerging media technology, creative places & spaces, traditional and social media, written & spoken word, and performance & visual art.
Les subventions Media and Arts Impact soutiennent des projets qui ont recours aux médias et aux arts dans leur stratégie visant à favoriser l’inclusion et le pluralisme et à dénoncer la discrimination et l’exclusion. Les subventions Media and Arts Impact commencent à 20 000 $. La somme moyenne des subventions est de 40 000 $ par année.Du financement pluriannuel est disponible, mais sachez que les ressources de la Fondation disponibles pour le financement pluriannuel sont actuellement limitées.
Story Money Impact 2017 Scholarship Opportunity
This opportunity is now closed.
We are pleased to partner with Media That Matters once again for the Story Money Impact conference. Inspirit is offering four scholarships to young media makers aged 18-34 to be part of an intimate, co-creative experience at the beautiful Hollyhock Leadership Institute on Cortes Island, B.C on May 24-28, 2017.
Participants will spend five days with other innovative leaders in the issue-driven media field learning about best practices in documentary filmmaking, digital content creation, and independent journalism, while exploring new partnerships in storytelling, financing, and distribution to deepen their impact.
The scholarships will cover conference registration, travel to Hollyhock on Cortes Island, dorm-style accommodations, and meals during the conference. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2017.